Quality Chai syrup made by Cosset in Auckland from organic black indian tea sourced from Keri Keri.
Cosset Chai Syrup - 300ml or 750ml glass bottle
This Cosset Chai syrup recipe is an interpretation of a traditional Indian Masala Chai. Combining Fairtrade organic tea, spices and sugar together into a syrup concentrate, they have created a delightful balance of sweet and spicy.
- They use a strong black Indian organic tea from Keri Keri, with filtered water to brew the base for the syrup.
- They then add fresh ginger root and a selection of spices including two types of pepper, cardamom, grated nutmeg, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, vanilla pod and orange zest.
- Organic fair trade sugar is added after the mix has infused and reduced.
- The syrup is strained with a coarse sieve to allow the smaller particles to remain in the bottle; this is the sediment you’ll see at the bottom.
Pour 20-30 mls of chai syrup into a latte glass and top with creamy steamed milk.
Pour 20-30 mls of chai syrup into a mug, add boiling water and a dash of milk or enjoy black.
Spice up your hot chocolate with a shot of chai syrup!
Spicy Mulled Wine
Just warm up a glass of red wine, add a shot of chai syrup and voila!
- It makes a yummy milkshake too!
Country of Origin