LifeFoods Black Chia Seeds are certified organic and packed with protein.
Chia is a small seed which was eaten by the Aztecs and is known for its durability. The Aztec's called it the 'running food' as they would carry it in a small pouch and take the equivalent of one teaspoon which would give them enough energy to march for 24 hours!
LifeFoods 100% Organic Black Chia Seeds - 500g
- Certified Organic
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
LifeFoods Chia Seeds are a great source of energy as they are rich in carbohydrates, polyunsaturated fat, and contain no trans fat. They are also a popular source of protein and iron for vegans and vegetarians.
Chia has ben used for centuries by the Aztecs, Incans and Mayans as a staple food which they used to increase endurance and would carry a small pouch of them when traveling long distances on foot and were given the name "the running food".
These chia seeds are organically sourced to ensure you get the most nutrients from this versatile food, which tastes great added to desserts and baked goods.
You can also sprinkle them over your breakfast cereal, a salad, stir fry or even mix with water as an energy boosting drink.
Health Benefits of Chia
Chia Seeds have:
- Great source of protein and energy which can sustain you throughout the day.
- Antioxidants which mean they can help to create a strong immune system and help to stop damage done by free radicals therefore helping your body to prevent degenerative diseases and conditions associated with old age.
- Boron which is a trace mineral that helps transfer calcium into your bones aiding your body in maintaining bone health and strength.
- Iron which can help to alleviate symptoms of anaemia.
- Potassium, so they can also help to maintain a healthy heart.
- Omega-3 and omega-6, which are essential fatty acids and improve brain function, along with being good forms of fats which help our bodies to function optimally and are especially important for our hearts.
- Chia seeds also have benefits of balancing out your electrolytes.
- Chia seeds are said to improve vitality due to their high levels of antioxidants and content of essential minerals and can help aid weight loss as they give you a feeling of fullness as they swell up inside your stomach.
- Finally they are a great food for people with diabetes as it slowly converts carbohydrates to sugars.
Did you know?
Chia seeds are easy to store so are a great food to take with you when travelling and you know you will need a burst of nutrition.
How to Use Chia Seeds
Chia has many uses and can be simply sprinkled onto a yoghurt, muesli, salad, stir fry, curry, or you can add it your smoothie, a juice or simply put in your water bottle and sip it through out the day to get a constant stream of energy. They are versatile so can be added to almost any dish to get more nutrition into your diet.
In a smoothie they go well with goji berries and cacao powder for that yummy chocolate flavour.
Country of Origin